According to IMV’s 2018 MR Market Outlook Report an estimated 39 million MR procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2018. This represents a 8% increase over 2017 MR procedures, returning to the same level as in 2016.
Here are just a few of the key data points in the report
MR Department Priorities & Future Outlook
- What are the key MR departmental priorities over the next year?
- What do providers think about the outlook for procedures, reimbursement and revenue for 2018 compared to 2017?
- What is the trend in MR procedure volume?
- What types of MR procedures are growing or declining?
- What is the average MR procedure volume for sites using fixed MR units vs. those using mobile MR?
MR Installed Base and Purchase Plans
- How many MR units are installed in hospitals and imaging centers?
- What is the mix of MR units by field strength?
- What is the installed base market share by vendor?
- What is the adoption rate for new MR technologies?
- How many MRs will be purchased through 2022?
- What is the brand loyalty of current MR users?
MR Contrast Media and Power Injectors
- What proportion of MR procedures use contrast?
- What is the supplier share for MR contrast media?
- What percent of MR procedures use power injectors?
- What is the supplier share for MR power injectors?
Site Operations Characteristics
- What are the average capital equipment budget for 2017-2019?
- How many FTE technologists, nurses, administrators and secretaries are employed in MR departments?
- How many MR procedures were performed per FTE technologist? Per scanner? Per site?