The magnetic resonance (MR) market has experienced a number of challenges in recent years, including Medicare and private payer insurance reductions, federal healthcare policies, patient safety, and potential side effects of gadolinium contrast. Learn how MR administrators feel these challenges will affect their department’s future outlook and how they prioritize their goals in light of these challenges. Survey respondents rate the importance of their priorities including MR replacement, patient safety, expanding clinical applications, artificial intelligence, and improving workflow and productivity.
IMV’s 2019 MR Market Outlook Report utilizes the results from an IMV-hosted online survey conducted with 405 MR administrators, supervisors, and chief technologists from a random sample of hospitals and imaging centers using fixed MR systems or mobile MR services across the United States. Survey results are projected to the universe of facilities using MR, and the report provides market forecast scenarios addressing the MR unit market for 2019-2023.
Here are just a few of the key data points in the report
MR department priorities and future outlook
- What are the key department priorities for MR?
- What future factors will impact the outlook for MR the most?
- What are the top-ranked preferred uses of artificial intelligence and machine learning tools for MR departments?
- What is the trend in MR procedure volume? By procedure type?
- What is the average MR procedure volume for sites using fixed MR units vs. those using mobile MR services?
MR installed base and purchase plans
- How many fixed MR units are installed, by site type?
- What is the installed base market share by vendor?
- What is the mix of MR units by field strength and bore type?
- What types of new MR technologies are being adopted?
- What is the adoption rate for very high field 3.0+T MR?
- What type of service providers are MR sites using?
- What is the anticipated age of MR units upon replacement?
- What are the purchase plans for new vs. refurbished units?
- What is the brand loyalty of current MR users?
- What is the unit forecast for MR scanners from 2019 to 2023? MR contrast media and power injectors
- What proportion of MR procedures use contrast?
- What percent of MR procedures utilize power injectors?
- What is the supplier share for MR contrast and power injectors? Site operations characteristics
- How many technologists, nurses, administrators, imaging aides, and secretaries are employed in MR departments?
- What % of sites & procedures use outside reading services?
- What is the current productivity of MR departments?