2020 has been a turbulent year for healthcare due to the COVID-19 pandemic. CT departments across the US have been impacted with reduced procedure volume, while dealing with pandemic-related issues such as disinfection routines, which has affected workflow efficiency. IMV’s 2020 CT Market Outlook Report examines the pandemic’s impact on CT procedure volume, purchase plans, and buying criteria for future CT purchases. Learn how CT administrators feel about their department’s future outlook and how they prioritize their goals in light of these challenges.
New features in IMV’s 2020 CT Market Outlook Report include:
- How has COVID-19 affected CT department operations?
- What actions are being taken by CT department to deal with COVID-19?
- How has CT procedure volume changed throughout 2020 due to COVID-19?
- How is the COVID-19 pandemic influencing future CT purchase plans?
- What are the potential improvements sought for future CT scanner purchases?
- What are the preferred info sources for future CT purchases, particularly in the context of COVID-19?
IMV’s 2020 CT Market Outlook Report utilizes the results from an IMV-hosted online survey conducted with 330 CT administrators, supervisors, and chief technologists from a random sample of hospitals and independent imaging centers using fixed CT scanners across the United States. This report explores nationwide trends in CT procedure volume, manufacturer installed base share, CT equipment features, use of OEM vs. third-party service providers, CT scanner purchase plans, contrast utilization/budgets, CT power injectors, and site operations characteristics. Survey results are projected to the identified universe of CT facilities, and the report provides market forecast scenarios addressing the CT scanner unit market for 2020-2024.