2020 has been a turbulent year for healthcare due to the COVID-19 pandemic. MR departments across the US have been impacted with reduced procedure volume, while dealing with pandemic-related issues such as disinfection routines, which has affected workflow efficiency. IMV’s 2020 MR Market Outlook Report examines the pandemic’s impact on MR procedure volume and purchase plans. Learn how MR administrators feel about their department’s future outlook and how they prioritize their goals in light of these challenges.
New features in IMV’s 2020 MR Market Outlook Report include:
- How has COVID-19 affected MR department operations?
- What actions are being taken by CT department to deal with COVID-19?
- How has MR procedure volume changed throughout 2020 due to COVID-19?
- How is the COVID-19 pandemic influencing future CT purchase plans?
- What are the preferred info sources for future MR purchases, particularly in the context of COVID-19?
IMV’s 2020 MR Market Outlook Report utilizes the results from an IMV-hosted online survey conducted in August/September 2020 with 311 MR administrators, supervisors, and chief technologists from a random sample of hospitals and independent imaging centers using fixed MR scanners or MR mobile services across the United States. This report explores nationwide trends in MR procedure volume, manufacturer installed base share, MR equipment features, use of OEM vs. third-party service providers, MR scanner purchase plans, contrast utilization/budgets, MR power injectors, and site operations characteristics. Survey results are projected to the identified universe of MR facilities, and the report provides market forecast scenarios addressing the MR scanner unit market for 2020-2024.
Here are just a few of the key data points in the report
MR department priorities and future outlook
- What are the key department priorities for MR?
- What future factors will impact the outlook for MR the most?
- What are the top-ranked preferred uses of artificial intelligence and machine learning tools for MR departments?
- What is the trend in MR procedure volume? By procedure type?
- What is the average MR procedure volume for sites using fixed MR units vs. those using mobile MR services?
MR installed base and purchase plans
- How many fixed MR units are installed, by site type?
- What is the installed base market share by vendor?
- What is the mix of MR units by field strength and bore type?
- What types of new MR technologies are being adopted?
- What is the adoption rate for very high field 3.0+T MR?
- What type of service providers are MR sites using?
- What is the anticipated age of MR units upon replacement?
- What are the purchase plans for new vs. refurbished units?
- What is the brand loyalty of current MR users?
- What is the unit forecast for MR scanners from 2019 to 2023? MR contrast media and power injectors
- What proportion of MR procedures use contrast?
- What percent of MR procedures utilize power injectors?
- What is the supplier share for MR contrast and power injectors? Site operations characteristics
- How many technologists, nurses, administrators, imaging aides, and secretaries are employed in MR departments?
- What % of sites & procedures use outside reading services?
- What is the current productivity of MR departments?