IMV’s 2019 Radiation Therapy Market Summary Report provides a department-wide view of the key radiation therapy technologies used in treating cancer patients, including external beam therapy equipment, image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), brachytherapy equipment, treatment planning systems, simulators (X-ray, CT, PET, and MRI), and oncology information systems. This report monitors trends over the past decade in the top cancer types treated with radiation, patient volume, installed equipment, market share, and technology adoption rates, as well as future plans for acquiring and using such technologies. Over 20 manufacturers providing hardware and software solutions for radiation therapy are covered in this report.
The data source for this report is IMV’s 2018/19 Radiation Therapy Census Database, which provides comprehensive profiles of hospital and non-hospital sites performing radiation therapy in the United States. This database can be separately licensed by qualified subscribers, and includes contact and site-specific information.
Radiation Therapy Treatment Volume
- Total courses of treatment using radiation therapy – 2006-2019?
- What is the trend in total annual treatment visits since 2006?
- What are the top cancer types treated with radiation?
External Beam Installed Base and Purchase Plans
(includes LINACS, and proton therapy units)
- How many external beam units are installed, by facility type?
- What type of features are being purchased for external beam units?
- What is the brand loyalty of current external beam users?
Related Equipment Used in Radiation Therapy
- What % of sites have Image Guided Radiotherapy
- Who are the manufacturers of the IGRT systems?
- What % of sites have remote afterloaders?
- What is the market share for manufacturers of remote afterloaders?
- What is the market share for treatment planning units
- What is the brand loyalty of current treatment planning users?
- What is the adoption rate for CT, PET/CT and MR simulators?
- Who is gaining share in treatment planning units?
- What % of the treatment plans use CT, MRI or PET?
- What is the trend in average capital budgets per site?
Site Operations Characteristics
- How many FTE radiation therapists, nurses, physicists, dosimetrists, and secretaries are employed per site?
- What is the average number of new patients treated per linear accelerator and per staff type?