IMV’s 2022-2023 Radiation Therapy Market Summary Report provides a department-wide view of the key radiation therapy (RT) technologies used in treating cancer patients, including external beam radiation therapy (EBRT), image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), brachytherapy equipment, treatment planning systems, simulators (X-ray, CT, PET, and MRI), and oncology information systems. This report monitors trends over the past decade in the top cancer types treated with radiation, patient volume, installed equipment, market share, and technology adoption rates. Future plans for acquiring such technologies are estimated, including capital budgets for RT equipment. A wide variety of manufacturers providing hardware and software solutions for therapy systems are covered in this report.
The data source for this report is IMV’s Radiation Therapy Census Database, which provides comprehensive profiles of hospital and non-hospital sites performing radiation therapy in the United States. This database can be separately licensed by qualified subscribers, and includes contact and site-specific information.
Radiation Therapy Treatment Volume
- Total courses of treatment using radiation therapy?
- What is the trend in total annual treatment visits?
- What are the top cancer types treated with radiation?
- What are the key radiation treatment methods provided?
- What is the trend in the imaging modalities used for treatment plans?
External Beam Installed Base, OEM Share, and Purchase Plans
- How many external beam units are installed, by facility type (including LINACS and proton therapy)?
- What type of features are being purchased for external beam units?
- What is the brand loyalty of current external beam users?
Installed Base, OEM Share, and Purchase Plans for Related RT Technology
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Treatment planning units
- Simulators (X-ray, CT, PET/CT and MR)
- Record & Verify / Oncology Information Systems
Site Operations Characteristics
- How many FTE radiation oncologists, radiation therapists, nurses, physicists, dosimetrists, and secretaries are on staff per site?
- What is the average number of new patients treated per linear accelerator and per staff type?