The Covid-19 pandemic has implicated many obstacles and challenges for the healthcare industry throughout 2021. CT departments across the US have been impacted with increased procedure volume, while dealing with pandemic-related issues such as additional disinfection routines, affecting workflow efficiency and increased the need for more staffing. IMV’s 2021 CT Market Outlook Report examines the pandemic’s impact on CT procedure volume, purchase plans, and buying criteria for future equipment purchases.
- This 2021 CT Market Outlook Report summarizes the results of IMV Medical Information Division’s 2021 survey of U.S. hospitals and independent imaging centers that perform CT procedures using fixed CT scanners.
- To continue to monitor industry trends, important results from this 2021 CT Market Outlook Report are compared to IMV’s previous CT market reports.
- New features in IMV’s 2021 CT Market Outlook Report include:
- How has COVID-19 affected CT department operations?
- How has CT procedure volume changed throughout 2021 affected by COVID-19?
- How is the COVID-19 pandemic influencing future CT purchase plans?
- What are the potential improvements sought for future CT scanner purchases?
This 2021 CT Market Outlook Report summarizes the results of IMV’s 2021 survey of U.S. hospitals and independent imaging centers* that perform CT procedures using fixed CT scanners. The survey data presented in this report was collected from 292 CT sites and are weighted and projected to the targeted universe of hospitals and independent imaging centers in the United States that perform CT procedures. Respondents participated in IMV-hosted online survey from August 11 to October 25, 2021.