The 2020 General Ultrasound Benchmark Report summarizes the results of IMV Medical Information Division’s 2020 survey of U.S. hospitals that perform ultrasound procedures using general ultrasound equipment, including conventional cart-based, laptop/tablet, and handheld units.
The findings included in this report cover patient exam volume and types, the general ultrasound installed base used in hospitals and their associated outpatient locations, staffing levels, and site operations characteristics. In addition, due to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, this report covers the impact the COVID-19 is having on ultrasound operations nationwide.
- Ultrasound Priorities: COVID-19 Impact Now and the Future
- General Ultrasound Installed Base in U.S. Hospitals, Managed by Radiology/Imaging
- Number of General Ultrasound Patient Exams Performed in 2019
- Monthly Ultrasound Patient Exam Volume in January 2020 vs. April/May 2020
- Mix of 2019 General Ultrasound Patient Exams
- Staffing Configurations
- Hours of Operation
- Data Collection and Methodology