Cardiac cath lab patient cases have increased at an average rate of 1.7% per year from 2008 to 2013 when 4.06 million patent cases were performed. IMV’s 2014 Cardiac Catheterization Lab Market Summary Report also estimates about one-third of all cath labs are planning on replacing equipment in the next 3 years. Here is what you will learn from the latest report:.
Cardiac Cath Lab Case Volume
- How many cardiac and non-cardiac cath lab cases were conducted in 2013?
- What is the trend in procedure volume?
Cath Lab Installed Base and Purchase Plans
- How many cath labs are installed, by site type?
- What is the installed base market share by vendor?
- What percent of the sites use cath labs for cardiac surgery?
- What is the equipment brand loyalty of current cath lab users?
- What percent of sites are planning to purchase cath labs over the next 3 years?
Related Equipment Used in Cath Labs
- What percent of sites have electrophysiology labs?
- Who is #1 in physiological monitoring systems?
- What is the vendor share trend for power injectors?
- What is the brand loyalty for power injectors for cath labs?
Site Operations Characteristics
- In what department will new cath lab imaging equipment be installed?
- How many FTE technologists, nurses, administrators and secretaries are employed in cath labs?
- What is the trend in the average number of cath lab cases performed per FTE technologist?