This report summarizes data from a survey conducted by IMV Medical Information Division in 2011 and 2012, covering the nation’s 100+ bed hospitals that perform radiographic fluoroscopy procedures with fixed RF equipment. Based on interviews with 1,665 locations, this report projects the data to IMV’s identified universe of 3,333 departments in 2,438 U.S. hospitals with 100+ beds. The report profiles major trends in radiographic fluoroscopy utilization and purchasing decisions including national trends in procedures, features and manufacturers of installed equipment, equipment buying plans, capital equipment budgets, and staffing levels.
- What is the trend in the number of procedures performed in RF rooms in U.S. hospitals with 100+ beds?
- What types of procedures were performed in these rooms?
- What is the average annual procedure volume by hospital bed size?
RF Installed Base and Purchase Plans
- How many RF units are installed by bed size range?
- What is the manufacturer market share for installed RF units?
- What is the age of the installed base of RF units?
- What is the brand loyalty of current RF users?
- How many units do and do not have digital capability?
- Who supplies the service for RF equipment?
- How many sites are planning on purchasing RF equipment?
- How many units will be purchased?
- What are the capital equipment budgets for RF equipment?
Site Operations Characteristics
- How many FTE technologists, nurses, administrators and secretaries are employed in RF departments?
- How many RF procedures were performed per FTE technologist? Per RF unit? Per site?